IBBS 17 in Manchester
IBBS 17 in Numbers
At IBBS 17 there were:
- 190 delegates
- 140 at the conference dinner
- 33 countries represented:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Portugal, S. Korea, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA
- All continents (apart from Antarctica!)
- 92 oral presentations + 6 careers talks
- 45 posters
- An excellent Panel Discussion
- 14 topic areas:
Anti-adhesive & Antimicrobial Surfaces, Biocides, Biocorrosion, Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, Biofilms & Biofilm Control, Cultural Heritage, Constructional Materials, Decontamination, Emerging Topics, Fuels, Future Challenges Panel, Pharmaceuticals, Modern Investigative Methods & Young Scientists Short Papers
Our thanks to:
- The IBBS 17 Local Organising Committee – Christine Gaylarde, John Gillatt, Malcolm Greenhalgh, Glyn Morton, Pam Simpson, Jimmy Walker, Jeremy Webb, Kath Whitehead + All Session Convenors
- Registration Desk – Noelene Gillatt and Ruth Greenhalgh
- The students and helpers from MMU
- Photography – Chris Liauw
- MMU Conference Office – Emma Robinson and Chris Bryan
- MMU Printing Dept Angela Cole
- Our sponsors
Best Poster: The prize for the best poster was awarded to Leyanet Barbería-Roque and her colleagues at CIDEPINT (CONICET-UNLP), Argentina for their poster “Preliminary assessment of three plant extracts to obtain silver nanoparticles for their application as biocides for coatings“.
Best Short Oral Presentation: The best short oral presentation prize was won by Louise Tetlow of Manchester Metropolitan University for her poster “The effect of plasma proteins on the hygienic status of titanium based metals“.
Special Prize: There was a special prize awarded to Daiana Soto from the University of Buenos Aires for her short presentation “Archaeological pottery as a bioreceptive substrata for biodeterioration“.